This is a good place for a thread of what things from 2020 will continue, and which will change. Things from 2020 that will Continue:
1. On-line Registration and Checkin. We will continue to send an e-mail on the Sunday prior to your stay with instructions, including a link to register your group.
2. Moving about the resort. Last year worked very well with the primary swim beach moved away from the cabins. The shoreline east of the boat launch will continue to be the primary group beach area. You may also use the beach in front of your cabin, but we ask that you NOT hang out in front of Cabins 3 - 7 unless you are staying there. Please be mindful that the lodge doesn't have their own beach area and so this area should be shared respectfully. 3. Online Checkout. As with the on-line registration and checkin, we will be sending a final invoice to everyone on Friday afternoon that can be paid on-line. If you prefer to pay by check or cash, we can also do that. Please just let us know as we interact throughout the week. 4. Limited Store Hours. We are always available. While the store will be open with limited hours, our preference is that you ask for things like bait, light groceries, ice, and clothing through the chat bot and we will come open the store or handle the need in real time. We are more than happy to deliver your bait and ice to your cabin. Things from 2021 that will Change: * Pillows, Blankets, and Comforters. Beds will be made with sheets and comforters. Pillows and Blankets will be made available upon request. If the on-line registration (mentioned above) is completed on the day prior to your arrival, pillows will be stocked in the cabin. Otherwise, please contact us after your arrival. * Amenities, such as water bouncer, paddle boards, kayaks, etc. will be available. We have purchased additional paddle boards, kayaks, and a miniature golf set that will also be available for rent if you prefer not to use the community stock. * The playing field has expanded. The RV's have been moved to make more room for the cabin guests. This is the list we can think of. We will update this post or thread as more things are discovered.
If you are having trouble accessing WIFI, please ask here. That way the next person who has similar problems will see the answer and it will help them. Accessing the WIFI is very similar as connecting at a hotel - we use similar software 1. Select "Betsy Ross Resort 1" SSID from your phone/computer network setup. This should result in a captive portal splash screen with our Logo 2. Enter your cabin # ("10" in the example below) 3. The password is the last name of the person who booked your cabin ("palmersheim" in the example below) If the fields are cleared out and the splash screen remains, then your login failed. If the login was accepted, a blue screen appears. 4. Press the "Done" button If you press the small "Logout" button, you will be logged out. Common Problems If your phone automatically joins Betsy Ross Resort 1 without requesting you to log in, but you cannot access the internet, then your phone probably is remembering your login from last years. The fix for this is to select the "advanced" or circled "i" button and "Forget This Network." After that, the next time you select Betsy Ross Resort 1 you should get the splash screen. If your phone functions, but it's slow - that's because it is slow. Like a hotel, we throttle the speed so that everyone gets enough for basic web functions and e-mail. If you need more speed, come talk to Gary. If you still have problems, reach out to Gary.
A few days prior to your stay I will e-mail our current instructions to help you prepare for your stay. For those who would like to see roughly what it looks like, here is the current e-mail contents.
As you probably expected, we will be doing a few things differently with this COVID-19 Pandemic going on and the Minnesota Health Department and CDC giving additional guidance for running businesses this summer.
In that spirit, I created a three step digital check-in process that I would like you to follow.
1. Payment. We switched to Square so we could do secure, on-line payments. You should have received an invoice in your email this morning. Please follow the link and pay on-line prior to your arrival.
2. Register your party. Use this link please. Once you register on our website, it takes five minutes. As before, don't worry about the age thing - ballpark it (it's text, so you can literally say anything. If you are over 20 we really don't care how old you are.
3. Review the 2020 changes and rules. The PDF file at the Same link. We won't lie, this is a little more painful. But you should really read it so you don't end up shopping for sleeping bags in Fargo on Thursday night.
For those who read like Gary (he doesn't), here's a summary
The store will not be open
All guest must be registered, including day guests.
Contact us via the chat bot on the web page or call our cell phone. Store purchases will be on-line or via chat/phone call and delivered roadside, including bait. Fish cleaning house will have "modified" rules. Who knew there were rules for cleaning fish? We will not be providing recreational equipment Swimming beach has been relocated Please do not walk the beach in front of other cabins, use the roadside Please do not move equipment such as grills, picnic tables, or chairs from their designated spot Pillows, blankets, and comforters will not generally be provided.
Things to bring in addition per these changes
2. Your own pillow
3. A sleeping bag or blankets
4. Hand sanitizer
5. Yard games
6. Folding or camp chairs
7. Tablecloths and picnic table clips
We hope this wasn't too much. It's worked out pretty well the first two weeks and we're getting a little more accustomed to everything.