A few days prior to your stay I will e-mail our current instructions to help you prepare for your stay. For those who would like to see roughly what it looks like, here is the current e-mail contents.
As you probably expected, we will be doing a few things differently with this COVID-19 Pandemic going on and the Minnesota Health Department and CDC giving additional guidance for running businesses this summer.
In that spirit, I created a three step digital check-in process that I would like you to follow.
1. Payment. We switched to Square so we could do secure, on-line payments. You should have received an invoice in your email this morning. Please follow the link and pay on-line prior to your arrival.
2. Register your party. Use this link please. Once you register on our website, it takes five minutes. As before, don't worry about the age thing - ballpark it (it's text, so you can literally say anything. If you are over 20 we really don't care how old you are.
3. Review the 2020 changes and rules. The PDF file at the Same link. We won't lie, this is a little more painful. But you should really read it so you don't end up shopping for sleeping bags in Fargo on Thursday night.
For those who read like Gary (he doesn't), here's a summary
The store will not be open
All guest must be registered, including day guests.
Contact us via the chat bot on the web page or call our cell phone. Store purchases will be on-line or via chat/phone call and delivered roadside, including bait. Fish cleaning house will have "modified" rules. Who knew there were rules for cleaning fish? We will not be providing recreational equipment Swimming beach has been relocated Please do not walk the beach in front of other cabins, use the roadside Please do not move equipment such as grills, picnic tables, or chairs from their designated spot Pillows, blankets, and comforters will not generally be provided.
Things to bring in addition per these changes
2. Your own pillow
3. A sleeping bag or blankets
4. Hand sanitizer
5. Yard games
6. Folding or camp chairs
7. Tablecloths and picnic table clips
We hope this wasn't too much. It's worked out pretty well the first two weeks and we're getting a little more accustomed to everything.
Here is the current checkin guidelines that we will use for Memorial Weekend. While this was no small effort, it could be better and it will improve. Any questions and/or suggestions are welcome. I'll find a more convenient way for viewing. Gary